Call Me Crafty Cathy!!

Okay let's not take it too far, I don't know if I'd quite label myself "crafty" per say, but I definitely got bit by the craft bug. I guess Etsy.com will inspire anyone to want to make things. I've made a tutu in the past for Avery, not bad for my very first attempt.





My next adventure is attempting to piece together a bow holder. I saw these cute name plates at Barbara's house. So I decided instead of trying to paint a piece of wood and start from scratch I'd just buy this and add ribbon. Great idea huh??? (Just say, "yes.")

















I also want Avery's room to be a little more "put together," so I've painted her frames that were from ivory to gold to a solid white so they match a little better. I'm also working on painting the switch plates for her room to fit her decor.


















I'm also planning on painting some white drawer pulls in the same style and replacing the current wooden ones we have, just for a little more pizazz! I'd love to paint the walls with some circles or elephants but don't want to mess it up, so we may wait on that. The walls have nice colors on it already too so it's not like we HAVE to have something more. Luckily it'll work when we have the next baby in 2 or so years.



Lastly, for my biggest trick I will be performing: Make a Dress for Avery! Yes, believe it or not, I am going to attempt to make Avery a dress that she can wear, hopefully in public. First I have to break out my new and never used sewing machine that I've had for several years. Ooops.

Anyway, I have a ton of crafty friends too who take pics, make cakes, make cute bags, pillowcase dresses and so much more, they've inspired me too. I doubt I'll make it a business especially with work starting up soon, but at least Avery and maybe a few friends will be able to reap the benefit of my domestic goddessness.

1 comments:

bpayne said...

That dress is going to be super cute. I have a sewing machine too that hasn't seen daylight in like a year. I used to make stuff all the time. You can do it :) I like the other stuff...and the name plate too ;)

Post a Comment

Our Family of 4

Our Family of 4
We're a bloggy family, we blog about rollercoasters, parenthood, but mostly our beautiful girls and the amazing life we've been given by God. Check out our fun antics, silly stories, and enjoyable moments.

MommyB Knows Best

Our Web Sites

Blog Archive

Bloggy Buttons!