Mothers In Loving Families - MILFs


Since this group is such a huge part of my life I couldn't not write a recent blog about them!! I joined this group at the very end of October of 2007 and have been a pretty active member ever since. I was asked to become an assistant organizer, the Milfinator, which was a job that no one really wanted but I stepped up to the plate hoping not too many people would take it personally. After lots of organizer changes and votes from some of the MILFs I ended up becoming the Head Organizer. I don't get paid with money for this position but am definitely rewarded in being a part of this unique and awesome group.

Regardless of my position in the group from the beginning I've felt a unique bond with these girls. Most of us are new to the area (with a few North Carolinian girls in the mix), are somewhat new mommies and like to have fun with and without our kids.

I definitely know that this group has given me back my identity. I know it sounds weird, but so many things changed when I became a mom and I think I can attribute most of that to moving to a new state where we didn't know anyone. After having no support and a newborn and moving twice within two months it was just a lot on my mind and soul.

I really feel that God led me to become part of this group and meet these ladies for a purpose. Avery has some great friends who hopefully will become life long friends and I now have an even bigger group of people I can call when I'm happy or sad or just to chat. I'm very thankful for all of the women in the group and even the ones I have yet to meet because I know there is a reason they are in the group and hopefully they can have similar experiences and a positive impact in their life.

I love the fact that there are so many support groups and activities in the MILFs group. Avery loves going to the park and play dates and I love hosting them here too. We've already done a "Make your own pizza" date, a regular come and play date, a "Pretty, Pretty Picnic," and this month a fun "Daddy Day" event, but I don't want to say too much about that because Joel will probably read this. :)



I also enjoy being able to get out of the house, (Joel thinks it's good for me too,) I've loved going to the 80s party and the Murder Mystery, Booty Shaking night out, and of course Biggest Loser and am looking forward to so many more.

Anyway just wanted to update you on the best mommy group in Charlotte and the best one I know in general. MILFs of Charlotte, redifining Motherhood!!! Here we come!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family of 4

Our Family of 4
We're a bloggy family, we blog about rollercoasters, parenthood, but mostly our beautiful girls and the amazing life we've been given by God. Check out our fun antics, silly stories, and enjoyable moments.

MommyB Knows Best

Our Web Sites

Blog Archive

Bloggy Buttons!