Losing My Wisdom


I've up and done it, lost my wisdom, but only in the form of bone and enamel. A few years ago at a dentist appointment the doctor explained to me that I only had two wisdom teeth in my mouth and that they would probably never erupt. You don't know how excited I was to hear this news after all of the fun wisdom teeth removal stories I've heard!

Nonetheless I really didn't pay much attention to my widsom teeth until about 2 weeks ago when I really noticed one of my wisdom teeth emerging like a hatching chick, and it was not too fun. Because it was back so far and very hard to get a toothbrush back there it got infected which made matters worse.

I decided it had been a while since I went to the dentist anyway so I got a couple of referrals and found a great dentist office. They cleaned my teeth and referred me to an oral surgeon. Everything happened very fast, I was on antibiotics, went from my dentist on Thursday, had my consultation the next Monday and then had my surgery appointment for Friday.

I got lucky with some great service and very nice people to work with. I took Friday off and Joel and Avery went to hang out while I got my wisdom teeth removed. After I was a little groggy and had my mouth stuffed with cotton, but other than that I felt okay and Avery didn't seem to realize anything was different. She was preoccupied with all the fun new "toys" at the doctor's.

The past three days I've been sleeping a lot, eating very soft foods, soups, ice creams and progressing to a little firmer foods, taking my medicine. Avery and Joel did a great job of taking care of me this weekend. We even got some fresh air on Sunday afternoon, which was nice.

I'm still a little sleepy and a tiny bit swollen, but getting back to normal slowly but surely. Now I have two less things to worry about, and I still feel just as wise as ever.

(I debated whether to put a picture of me up, but decided if I wanted to keep readers I should steer clear. The picture of the tooth is not mine, but it is a real tooth. :))

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't envy the recovery you are facing...did it myself 9 years ago, but got all four out!

Hope you heal quickly!

BTW, I tagged you in my latest post!

Liana said...

hi jenn...
poor girl, i keep refusing to get mine out.
i'm a wimp.

Post a Comment

Our Family of 4

Our Family of 4
We're a bloggy family, we blog about rollercoasters, parenthood, but mostly our beautiful girls and the amazing life we've been given by God. Check out our fun antics, silly stories, and enjoyable moments.

MommyB Knows Best

Our Web Sites

Blog Archive

Bloggy Buttons!