My "Famous" Roast Beef Recipe

So I've gotten a ton of awesome responses to my roast beef and figured I'd share the recipe. I borrowed the original recipe from Betty Crocker's, "More Slow Cooker Recipes,: and tweeked it a little to suit my tastes.

I love crock pot recipes and need more because they're so easy especially with an acitve 2 year old. So here it is my way. Enjoy!!!

Ingredients: 1 tbsp olive oil
                  1 tbsp A1 sauce
                  5-6 lb beef chuck or round roast
                  (make sure to cut the fat off for more flavorful seasoning)
                  2 tbsp chopped garlic (or less to taste)
                  1 tbsp chopped rosemary (dried is fine)
                  1 tsp salt
                  1/2 tsp pepper
                  1 cup beef broth
                
Rub oil and A1 sauce on the roast first, then add garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper evenly on the roast. Pour the beef broth in the slow cooker and place beef roast in the cooker.

Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours, if possible turning the roast over every 2-3 hours to keep the beef moist.

Serve with vegetables and mashed potatoes or break up meat for sandwiches. My biggest recommendation is to cut only the beef you'll be serving and leave the extra in the juices to keep it nice and moist.


              

4 comments:

Sarah Marie said...

That sounds tasty! I'm starting The Biggest Loser at the end of the week and need good Weight Watchers type recipes.

Mrs. Guthrie said...

Sounds fantastic!! :) I will definitely be trying it "your way" in the near future! ;)

Is this a WW recipe?? I didn't read very carefully, I'm afraid... :/ I've started counting points again... Nothing serious, but going back on BC definitely added those promised 10lbs!!! Ack! Figured I better ditch them now before they turn into the 30lbs I lost on WW. Grr.

MommyB said...

Not WW recipe, but I suppose if you subbed the A1 and oils it could be....

The Coaster Critic said...

DELICIOUS! Definitely one of my favorite meals.

Post a Comment

Our Family of 4

Our Family of 4
We're a bloggy family, we blog about rollercoasters, parenthood, but mostly our beautiful girls and the amazing life we've been given by God. Check out our fun antics, silly stories, and enjoyable moments.

MommyB Knows Best

Our Web Sites

Blog Archive

Bloggy Buttons!