Season of runny noses


(Not a picture of Avery)

Avery got her first cold yesterday, poor girl. I wasn't sure if she was teething or really had a cold because she was acting normal but her nose was a little runny and a slight fever. But she got stuffier and stuffier as time passed. Then when it came to bedtime it was a mess. I tried to help her to breathe better by using the nose sucker, humidifier and we ended up having a sleepover.

I'm pretty used to not getting too much sleep, as Avery is typically up 5-8 times a night but I got even less sleep last night. She slept on my chest about 80 % of the night, I did also try to put her in her car seat. (Babycenter.com suggested this so she was elevated.) But she wasn't comfy and I was so nervous she might somehow fall out I slept next to her on the floor. It was a funny sight I'm sure!

She woke up this morning with a runny eye but is in a great mood, so that's nice at least. Hopefully she'll get feeling better, I don't like my baby to not feel well. But unfortunately I know that kids get sick a lot, I just wish she could talk to me so I could make it better faster. So is the life of a parent.

2 comments:

Liana said...

I hear ya, Jenn!!!

Liana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Our Family of 4

Our Family of 4
We're a bloggy family, we blog about rollercoasters, parenthood, but mostly our beautiful girls and the amazing life we've been given by God. Check out our fun antics, silly stories, and enjoyable moments.

MommyB Knows Best

Our Web Sites

Blog Archive

Bloggy Buttons!