Windsor Revisited


Some of you know I recently got a call from Kristy, one of the women I used to work with while I was working at Shirlington Village. Well she said that the Corporate Suites Department was in need of some extra help and thought of me. Let me first tell you all how honored I was that they would ask me back to work. This is the first company that I've worked for that I really loved (not including families or old bosses, I have some good ones of those too.)

So after talking about the details and being given the opportunity to work from home part-time, I was super excited and of course talked to Joel about it first. We both came to the conclusion that it would be good for me as well as Avery too. Avery has not had a sitter at all, not even our parents, so this will be a great opportunity for her to grow with mommy and daddy taking a step back. She'll be at home with a sitter while I'm working so it's not like she'll be too far away for me to check on her and "visit."

We found a great sitter who has lots of great childcare background and references and really interacted well with Avery at our interview, she seems really sweet and Avery took to her immediately, even to the extent of pulling things out of her purse, woops! This will give Avery some great time to play and enjoy time that I'm not able to spend with her. I think there are always things that parents don't think of that sitters do, so I think it will give Avery a little more diversity in the way she plays and learns.

Avery's used to having me all to herself pretty much 24/7 so I thought it would be a good transition to someone who could focus all of their attention on Avery and not a bunch of other kids too. This will also put me at ease because I know sometimes other kids can be too rough, I'll get past that but for now I'll be protective mommy, and I'm cool with that!

So, anyway I'm really excited to be working with some old friends and some new ones too!! I will be starting on July 21st and hope to possibly make a trip up to New York before I start depending on Joel's work too.

Wish me luck!! :)

1 comments:

Laura said...

1. I am really proud of you.
2. You are going to be great!
3. Avery is going to miss you, but will have a blast with this sitter!
4. And of course, I love you

Post a Comment

Our Family of 4

Our Family of 4
We're a bloggy family, we blog about rollercoasters, parenthood, but mostly our beautiful girls and the amazing life we've been given by God. Check out our fun antics, silly stories, and enjoyable moments.

MommyB Knows Best

Our Web Sites

Blog Archive

Bloggy Buttons!