Colbie's Birth Day

Because Avery was delivered through an "emergency" c-section I wanted to discuss birthing options with my doctor to see what the choices were. After talking through the reasons behind the initial c-section and planning for family and friends to be available to watch Avery and help with recovery Joel and I decided, along with our Obstetrician, that a scheduled c-section this time around would be best for our family.

Luckily the ban that the hospital had on child visitors has been lifted. I was very nervous and upset that there may have been the chance that I would not have been able to see Avery during the time that I was recovering from the c-section. I have not been without her for 24 hours ever and most of the time she is sleeping or with Joel. But again praise the Lord that Avery will get to come to the hospital and meet her little sister and see mommy.



We actually scheduled a sibling maternity tour for Avery which is a class that teaches siblings how to hold the baby, diapering, and shows them around the hospital as well. We're very excited to attend that class this week and are so blessed that the hospital that we are delivering at offers the class at no extra cost.

Back to the c-section part of the post :) Can't blame a pregnant lady for being scatter brained right?!?! Luckily we were able to discuss/find out the c-section date via the Ob office, (awesome office) well ahead of time in order to start making plans for family and friends to come help us with meals, taking care of Avery, and me recovering. Joel only has a couple of paid maternity days and thankfully is able to use some sick time to take care of us, but with my surgery I'll need extra help and have been so blessed with my mom and sister and friends offering to help out, it's definitely taken a huge burden off my chest.

Finally, the moment you've all been waiting for, and some of you already know through my emails or facebook posts but our scheduled c-section date is March 26th. So this will be Colbie's birth date, unless she decides to come early. Although I'm done being pregnant at this point in time I'm hoping she waits because everything is so planned and I'm totally a planned person (when I can be.)



On a side note, I won a wonderful giveaway for a service from Baby's First Phone Call. Basically Joel and I  enter phone numbers of those who want to be contacted when Colbie arrives and then once she's here we record one message that goes out to all of our friends and family who've been put on the list. It even allows us to select certain times not to call someone in case it's very early in the morning, and will leave a message if the phone is not answered. Pretty cool if you ask me. If you haven't already given us your number and name please do so quickly in case she decides to come early.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family of 4

Our Family of 4
We're a bloggy family, we blog about rollercoasters, parenthood, but mostly our beautiful girls and the amazing life we've been given by God. Check out our fun antics, silly stories, and enjoyable moments.

MommyB Knows Best

Our Web Sites

Blog Archive

Bloggy Buttons!