A Home Vacation

After Joel went back to work I was so nervous to take care of the girls all on my own. I did a pretty good job if I don't say so myself, but it seemed that that was the week that all the visitors stopped coming too, so not only was I stuck at home (still weaning off the pain meds that I couldn't drive on while taking,) but I was lonely because no one was visiting. So when my mom and sister Hayley came to visit it was a much needed "vacation" at home.

Avery loves her big Aunt Hayley especially since mommy couldn't be "rough" and play too much. Hayley's just the right age (almost 13), to still want to play with Avery, but at the same time know how to help her and be patient with her too. Avery got a chance to play in her homemade "tent", party with her stuffed animals, and get some fun books read to her. We even convinced Hayley to sit at the kids table with Avery one lunch, what a good Aunt!

Of course Mom and Hayley got a chance to see not only Avery, but Joel, Colbie and me again too. While they were here we got to watch some fun movies at home, do a little bit of shopping, take some photo ops, play dress up, sing, be silly, learn recipes, and get taken care of. Being the way that I am it's hard to let people help, but my mom is a good care taker and made me some delicious dishes of hers that I can't get anywhere else and of course spoiled my girls. It was really refreshing to have both girls here and we can't wait for their next visit. 
Hayley even experienced one of her "firsts" here. Since she said mowing the lawn is a boy's job we thought we'd put her to task....here's a picture of her hating enjoying driving the riding lawnmower, although she tried to pretend she didn't really like it, I think she loved it :)


Luckily we had pretty decent weather and made a lot of great memories. Here are a few more pictures from their trip. 







Until next time, Bullocks out :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family of 4

Our Family of 4
We're a bloggy family, we blog about rollercoasters, parenthood, but mostly our beautiful girls and the amazing life we've been given by God. Check out our fun antics, silly stories, and enjoyable moments.

MommyB Knows Best

Our Web Sites

Blog Archive

Bloggy Buttons!