Three Strikes and I Win!

I know what you're thinking, three strikes and you're out, but not this time. Come to find out strikes are actually a good thing, when you are bowling. Joel, Avery, and I went to the Matthews/Pineville area this weekend to meet up with friends. Our friends Kelly, and Ryan are also a biracial couple and have two beautiful children Brianna and Josiah.

Kelly is the coordinator of a Charlotte Multicultural Family group and set up a bowling day for us on Saturday. Don't ask me why but their family and our family were the only ones there. It was a blast though. I wanted to hang out with them anyway!

This was our first time bowling with Avery (not using her as the ball, just with her there.) Avery love love loved every minute of it, I think she liked watching all of the people and was bopping around to the music as well.

We hadn't bowled in a while so I was a little nervous but luckily the bumpers were up for the kids, and maybe us too! Joel was proud to say that he scored his lowest ever score in bowling, but at least it was a significant number, 79, the year he was born, and me too. I on the other hand did surprisingly well and only hit the bumpers once maybe twice. Must be something in the water. In the last 5 frames Kelly and Ryan had gotten strikes and I decided I needed one too, well I ended up getting a total of three, brining my score, which was still kind of low to a 131. But the three strikes, that was pretty good I think.

Afterwards we went to the Chinese Buffet for some food and conversation. It was nice to hang out a little longer, the buffet was okay but not faboulous, I guess we'll have to stick to our new "go-to" PF Chang's.

All in all it was a fun day, we're glad we got the chance to get out of the house and enjoy time with good friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family of 4

Our Family of 4
We're a bloggy family, we blog about rollercoasters, parenthood, but mostly our beautiful girls and the amazing life we've been given by God. Check out our fun antics, silly stories, and enjoyable moments.

MommyB Knows Best

Our Web Sites

Blog Archive

Bloggy Buttons!