Falling into Fall

Although these days it's starting to feel like winter, at least for North Carolina, we've definitely been in the fall spirit. The smell of apple pie air fresheners, pumpkins being carved, and the beautiful, brightly colored leaves make me feel so cozy. I think spring is still my favorite season, but fall is really closing in and may take over the lead spot some year.

Almost every evening I burn one of my favorite fall scented candles: baked apple pie. It fills the house with a sweet, warm vapor that warms you from the inside. I know, a little much, but I LOVE it!!!

Last year, since Avery was 5.5 months old we decided to just paint the pumpkin and get her hand print. Well, this year it had to be done "right." My mom is huge with holidays and created some great traditions for us growing up and one of them was pumpkin carving. I love pumpkin carving. We did a simple design, not too scary and very easy to carve. Joel had some experience with pumpkin carving, but it felt nice to be the "pro."


Avery was such a good helper scooping out the seeds, but definitely thought it was yucky. I decided this year I wanted to bake the seeds for a yummy fall treat, so we saved the seeds, and washed them off in prep for baking.

This was the first time I, personally had baked them by myself, but it was super easy. I soaked them in salt water over night, and then dried them out the next morning. By that night I put a little bit of veggie oil on the cookie sheet, set the oven for 350, gave the seeds an olive oil/salt coating (using my favorite technique, ziploc baggie style,) and baked them for about 45 minutes.

Voila, they turned out delish, both Joel and Avery love them as well. Next year I may try some spices but they're great plain too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family of 4

Our Family of 4
We're a bloggy family, we blog about rollercoasters, parenthood, but mostly our beautiful girls and the amazing life we've been given by God. Check out our fun antics, silly stories, and enjoyable moments.

MommyB Knows Best

Our Web Sites

Blog Archive

Bloggy Buttons!