You don't Shea



So going back to my post about how much I love etsy: Etsy-O-Rama I wanted to post an update on a few things I found there because we will be getting a bunch of things shipped out to us soon.

I was thinking back a couple of months ago about redecorating Avery's room/the nursery to make it a little more fun and personalized. My first attempt was to hire a Charlotte mommy from Charlottemommies.com to paint letters for Avery's name. Being the picky person that I am and the fact that the super nice artist and I had two completely different visions I ended up not using those.

I decided to do a little more searching, found some options online as I thought about painting some myself, and then came to the decision that I would rather spend the money and save my own time, so I turned to the crafters on Etsy.

I found a bunch of great sites where they painted room letters and then found a great site where they use fabric and ribbon to cover wood letters, (among other things.) I just knew I had to have something made by Amanda Shea from SheaChicDesigns.

Little did I know I would love her creations so much that I would order four items from her instead of the 1 that I had intended to purchase. Don't get me wrong, this is a very, very good thing.

Anyway, in an effort to be able to use decorations for both Avery's current room/the nursery, and her "new room" once we have another baby, I chose a design with both green and pink, her two room colors. The letter's turned out wonderfully:

(the pic is from the seller, not the actual color of Avery's wall)


I also decided to get a small monogram to accent our bedroom wall. Our bedroom colors are brown and blue, our wedding colors, so I figured the pattern would go nicely.


There are a few more items that are coming, but I wanted to share these fun things with you. I'll update once Avery's room is done, hopefully in the next few weeks, and when everything is up and beautiful!



1 comments:

Jason, Nicole, and Rowen said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! If you don't mind, were they well priced? I can't wait to see the rest of what you got! I'm going to go to her site right now! :)

Post a Comment

Our Family of 4

Our Family of 4
We're a bloggy family, we blog about rollercoasters, parenthood, but mostly our beautiful girls and the amazing life we've been given by God. Check out our fun antics, silly stories, and enjoyable moments.

MommyB Knows Best

Our Web Sites

Blog Archive

Bloggy Buttons!