Two New Amigos

In case you didn't know our daughter Avery is in love with Diego. In fact, one of my good friends says she'll probably marry a Hispanic man because she loves Diego so much. Consequently, Avery is starting to like Dora (Diego's cousin,) as well.

I can tell she's obsessed when the first thing out of her mouth after she wakes up in the morning or after nap is, "Diego." All day long she asks to watch Dora and Diego, in fact she asks so much that I have to tell her that they are napping so we can get a break from the Double Ds.

I don't mind her watching Diego mostly because it's very educational with teaching her Spanish words, and helps her learn about different animals. Who knows what a lama says? Well, Avery of course. She's now gotten into singing parts of the theme song, it's too cute.

As for Dora, it's not the worst thing she could ever watch on TV and it's still teaching her some of the Spanish language. However it has a lot of fantasy, trolls, spells, witches, and not as educational if you ask me.

So anyway, the point of my post is that since Avery is so in love with these characters I found a couple on one of my mommy sites. I saw pictures of them online but had no clue what they would be like in person. When I brought them home I knew Avery would totally flip, in a good way. These dolls (if you will,) are almost the size of Avery.

I put them in her favorite pink chair and when she came downstairs for the morning she was confused but then had a ball. She was putting them in her chairs, stroller, cars for a ride. And then she made them dance and put them on the steps with her. She even had to have them in the car with her too.Needless to say she has had so much fun with them and still adores playing with them just not every single second of the day.

1 comments:

Jess said...

I never really cared for Dora when Jordan was little, Naomi never really watched it. I do agree that it isn't all that educational. We prefer the baby einstein video's (for Livy). And luckily netflix has quite a few. But Livy (like Avery) loves Dora and boots! But, she also really likes the wonder pets. She loves to sing along with them. Anyway, I love those dolls, where did you get them? Avery looks so cute next to them, she's such a doll:)

Post a Comment

Our Family of 4

Our Family of 4
We're a bloggy family, we blog about rollercoasters, parenthood, but mostly our beautiful girls and the amazing life we've been given by God. Check out our fun antics, silly stories, and enjoyable moments.

MommyB Knows Best

Our Web Sites

Blog Archive

Bloggy Buttons!